CAFÉ Spring/Fall Auctions

2017 CAFÉ Spring Auction

When…

Sunday, March 12, 2017
Auction Starts At 11:00am with
registration starting at 10:00am

Where…

Courtyard Columbus West
2350 Westbelt Drive
Columbus, Ohio 43228

2017 CAFÉ Fall Auction

When…

Sunday, October 1, 2017
Auction Starts At 11:00am with
registration starting at 10:00am

Where…

Courtyard Columbus West
2350 Westbelt Drive
Columbus, Ohio 43228


AUCTION RULES:

Please NOTE:

There are some changes for the spring 2017 which are going to be tried on a trial basis. These changes can be found here –>  CAFE forum post

General

  • Auction items may consist of Fish, Plants, Inverts & New and Gently Used Dry Goods.
  • **No Native Ohio Aquatic species are allowed** These items, if not picked up, will be donated to anyone willing to take them.
  • There is a 70/30 Seller/Club Split.
  • Registration for sellers and buyers begins at 10:00 AM.
  • The Auction starts at 11:00am
  • CAFÉ is NOT responsible for any accidents.
  • CAFÉ is NOT responsible for any mis-representation of fish.

Sellers

  • The auction split is 70/30. The seller receives 70% of the selling price, CAFE gets the remaining 30%.
  • Fish must be properly bagged:
    • Bags should contain approximately 1/3 water, 2/3 air.
    • Fish must be double bagged. No exceptions!
    • No twist ties or zip lock bags.
    • Large fish should be bucketed with lid versus being double bagged.​
    • For emergencies, bags and rubber bands are available for $0.25/bag.
    • Improperly bagged fish must be rebagged. If the seller cannot be found (or would rather we do it for them), CAFE staff will rebag the item(s). A rebagging fee of $2/bag will be deducted from the proceeds of the seller.
    • Please keep in mind, some fish might be in these bags for up to 24 hours.
  • There is a bag limit of 5 bags of fish/plants per species or color variant (“Bag” limits pertain to dry goods as well. Please contact us if you have questions on bag limits).
  • For every 5 items, the seller gets one priority sticker for items to be sold first (these can be used on fish or dry goods).
  • Fish must be labeled as to what scientific and/or common name they are known by. Good labeling typically fetches a better price.
  • Number of fish and sex (if known) must be labeled on bag. Good labeling typically fetches a better price.
  • All items must be labeled with a three-letter seller code (e.g. your initials) and successive numbers (e.g. 1 through 15). Bags without proper seller code are considered donations to CAFÉ. Please do NOT label your bags/items with random numbers.
  • Placing seller name and phone number, e-mail or website on each bag is required to help exchange information about the fish.
  • CAFÉ now offers a “Minimum Bid” option to attract more variety. Sellers can set a minimum bid for a non-refundable fee of $2/item at the time of registration. Items not meeting the minimum bid will be returned to the seller. The unsold item can then be re-entered without a minimum bid or taken home. Minimum bid items that fail to sell and are not claimed by the end of the auction become donations to CAFÉ.
  • CAFÉ reserves the right to refuse to sell any fish believed sick or deformed.
  • CAFÉ reserves the right to refuse to sell any dry goods appearing more than gently used. However, feel free to use the minimum bid on high quality dry goods.
  • All items must be checked-in by CAFÉ before being placed with the other ready-to-auction items. Any issues spotted during check-in will be addressed at that time.
  • Sellers will be mailed a check for the amount of their auction proceeds, generally within two to four weeks of the auction.

Buyers

  • Buyers can run a tab or pay cash. To run a tab, buyers must register at Registration Table with a valid driver’s license.
  • Cash, check, and now credit card accepted with proper ID. CAFÉ reserves the right to refuse check payments from people blacklisted by other clubs for bounced checks.
  • Buyers can request immediate auctioning of an item for an “express bid” fee of $3 paid to CAFÉ. Please keep in mind; paying for priority bidding does not guarantee you will be the high bidder.

If you have any further questions or seek clarification of any of the above rules, please contact us
and let us know.