LOGIN

Pearl Danios

Home Forums For Sale Pearl Danios

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Sheffer
    Participant

BACKSTORY: I had a tank of pearl danios, and I moved them all into another tank to see if they would school together with zebra danios. The zebras and pearls got along so well I decided to keep them together. About a week later I noticed fry swimming around in the empty tank. There are between 20-30 survivors.

MAIN POINT: If anyone is interested in some baby pearl danios, please let me know. As of this post they are about 1 month old — much smaller than you see them in the stores, but most are big enough to tell what species they are. Thanks in advance!

Mark Miller
    Participant

You mean CPD/Celestial Pearl Danios? I’m REALLY interested if so. I’m already hatching baby brine regularly for my gertrudae rainbows so feeding won’t be an issue. How much for a dozen??

Daniel Sheffer
    Participant

Hi Mark,
    I am sorry but I do not keep any CPDs. The fish I have available are the regular Pearl Danio (danio albolineatus). I have posted a video of the babies on the CAFE facebook page. As adults they normally have a pearly white color with a thin yellow pinstripe across the tail and a slightly orange hue under the bottom fins. Their color can sometimes become darker to blend with darker substrate. They grow to about 2 inches or a little more — they get bigger than CPDs.

Mark Miller
    Participant

OK Thanks

Daniel Sheffer
    Participant

UPDATE: The Pearl Danios are now available at Rivers to Reefs in Gahanna.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.